PID tuning software

dschlic1

I am looking into purchasing some general purpose PID tuning software. Have some that works with A-B, but want the new software to work with just about anybodies controllers. I know of Expertune, but are there any others?

I am looking into purchasing some general purpose PID tuning software. Have some that works with A-B, but want the new software to work with just about anybodies controllers. I know of Expertune, but are there any others?
The problem is that you said general purpose. Most auto tune systems only tune a certain type of system.

There are:
Type 0 or non integrating systems. Velocity and temperature control are in category.
Type 1 or integrating systems. Position control and level control are in this category.
There there are one, two and three poles systems. If there are more than one pole then there is a chance the poles are imaginary or underdamped.

Each combination of non-integrating, integrating systems, one pole, two pole, under damped, over damped and critically damped system require a different model.

You better make sure the auto tune software will tune your systems.

Take a look at the software from expertune, expencive but very Good they have support for over 800 diferent plc types And different tuning models.+ loads of useful functions making tuning easy and fast .Working with opc Tech to connect to controllers. Another Good One is intune.

Last edited: