plc 5/15 1784 pktx dh+ no communication

joshhancock

my computer died and i am trying to get a windows 2000 machine to communicate with plc 5/15 help?. it worked fine on my 98 machine.

Last edited:
Maybe the card got zapped together with the PC.

Normally a PKTX card has no problem to operate on a newer PC. It just need the plug-and-play driver for the correct operating system.
The plug-and-play driver can be found on the RSLinx CD.

I believe there is a special driver for windows 2000.

Been awhile, though...try the knowledgebase at ab.com.

EDIT: nevermind...the newer driver appears to work on 2k and newer as Jesper said.

Have you checked the node number assigned to the card to avoid a conflict with your PLC(s)?

Does the driver in RSLinx show to be "Running"?

Last edited:
Have you tried stopping the driver and then starting it again in Linx, restarting the computer?

Can you post a picture of your RSLinx configuration (i.e)

PKTX.jpg