PLC 5/15 communication with Uticor hmi

zeeshan123

I have Allen Bradley PLC 5/15 installed with AB Panel View 1400 using DH+ communication on machine. As PV 1400 is now obsolete so i m replacing it with Uticor PV 700. The uticor PV is successfully communicating with PLC via DH+. It is receiving and sending data to PLC. now problem is
I went online to the PLC and found that HMI is triggering tags in PLC and rung is getting true but the output at the end of rung is not getting ON. I have attached the screen shot where i have pressed step up button on HMI and it trigger I:34/6 in PLC but the output B3:72/4 is not getting ON while the rung is true. I have double checked it on other machine and found same issue. While the same output is on from our old panel view 1400.
So i m totally confused and need help.

hmi tag.jpg

The logic in the FORM_BUILD routine won't execute if it isn't being called. If it is, make sure that the output instruction isn't being referenced somewhere else.

The logic is executed for One Scan only.
There's no way in hell that you'll be able to see the output you describe in the "ON" condition.
I suggest you call in a professional before you do any damage!

Agree.
Unless it is turned off some place else.
Can't tell anything without the actual program.
The one shots are there for a reason.

You don't write to a input address (I:34/6) from an HMI. Try writing to a binary address first (e.g B3:0/1).

And as stated above make sure subroutine 7 is being called. By a "JSR" instruction in ladder 2.

Last edited:
You don't write to a input address (I:34/6) from an HMI. Try writing to a binary address first (e.g B3:0/1).

And as stated above make sure subroutine 7 is being called. By a "JSR" instruction in ladder 2.

If the original PV1400 was communicating over Remote I/O (RIO) and not DH+, the PV would be set up to write to addresses such as I:34/6. People often confuse RIO with DH+ since they both use blue hose.