PLC 5-20E / RSlinx help

allscott

We recently installed a system consisting of an Ethernet PLC 5 20 connected to a Wonderwear APP. The PLC and HMI are connected to a 3 com smart switch.

I went down this morning to make a programming change and plugged into the switch, like I've done 20 times in the last month, went online and made my change. I saved and went offline and everything seemed fine. This was a ladder change and nothing to do with the comms.

Now RSlinx is showing an unrecognized device at that IP address and I can't go online. The status is a Comm.error 01e00204.

When I look at the event log in RSLinx I get

Attempting first connection, protocol = CSPv4
Unable to establish TCP connection to the Ethernet Interface
[10060] Connection timed out
CSPv4 connection lost; timed out on socket write

However my wonderwear app is communicating just fine with the PLC. Any idea what could have happenned?

Unfortunately this isn't a production line that I can take the PLC down on unless I absolutely have to.

Panic off.

Turns out my patch cable into the switch was bad, seems odd that linx would find the PLC but list it as an unrecognized device though?