PLC 5/30 new card install

I have to install a new Discrete Input and a Discrete Output card in a PLC 5/30. Do I have to do this with the power off?
Also I need to add timers to my T31 file, I assume it's like the SLC 5/04 where I have to switch to Program mode to add in the timers?

Also, what do I need to get this PLC onto an existing Ethernet that includes a Control Logix PLC and a Panelview Plus 1000. Then can I make the Panelview Plus 1000 read from the PLC 5/30 via a network card as well as from the Control Logix(which it does already)?

I have to install a new Discrete Input and a Discrete Output card in a PLC 5/30. Do I have to do this with the power off?

Yes

Also I need to add timers to my T31 file, I assume it's like the SLC 5/04 where I have to switch to Program mode to add in the timers?

Yes, its the same.

I'm not an Ethernet expert so others will have to jump in and advice you there.

You can put a Ethernet side card in the chassis of that 5/30. It has to be in the slot next to the PLC. Youyoumay have to move cards around.

Since you apparently already have the Control Logix on Ethernet, just put a 1756-DHRIO card in any slot of your control-logix chassis and run DH+ (blue hose) from the 5/30 to the DHRIO card. No programming is necessary, just configure the DHRIO ports. The ENBT card in your CLX chassis and DHRIO card together constitute a bridge. Once you connect your 5/30 you will be able to browse to it in RSLinx and program it over ethernet. The panel view can also be configured to access the 5/30 via the bridge.

Download the 1756-DHRIO manual from the AB literature library to see how to do this - its really simple once you've done one.

Last edited:
good catch Alaric.
Some days I don't think I could fall and hit the floor. Today is one of those days where you just overlook all the simple stuff.

Today I tried to download a modified version of the Panelview 1400e file to the panelview. It wouldn't work. I am using the same cable I use to talk to channel 0 on the PLC 5/30. Is it the wrong cable? I can't seem to get a connection to the Panelview established. And what is the difference between a .PVC and .PVD file?

See picture and pdf below for the proper cable.

I am not a PV1400e user so no help with the other questions.

cable.jpg

Attachments

• 2711NC13_14.pdf
    931.7 KB · Views: 4