PLC 5/60 Block Transfer Issues

astrange54311

I am having issues at a plant with the BTR and BTW instructions giving me an error code of -10 or -11 even though the chassis data is correct. I ended up having to wipe the PLC 5/60 and reload a known good program because the other BTW and BTR were stuck on enable and would not error out. There was a large snowstorm that may have caused some power issues, but I haven't been able to nail down this error.

I think we would have to see a snap shot of the program when the error(s) occurs.

Here is what the manual says about the errors.

BlockTransferError.jpg

The rack itself is working and the digital I/O is working properly, it just seems that the analog cards NI4 NO4I will not accept BTW and BTR. Is there a way to reset the analog cards via the direct IO addresses? Example this is rack 6 and in it is the ASB, then an IA16, NI4, NO4I so the I:6xx or O:6xx.

I have never used a PLC5 to a remote I/O with SLC I/O cards before.

Some put a parallel branch in the BTW rung to toggle it, to configure the card manually.