Plc 5 scp

James_Newman

Hi

I have a PLC 5/40E which passes speeds to a number of machines via rio.

Currently there is no scaling and the machines use look up tables for different speeds. These values are different for each machine.

I would like to add a SCP for each machine so I can get a units per minute sent to each machine to get some kind off usable values.

I know there is no SCP instruction with in the 5/40E

Does any one have an example of the logic needed to do this.

Thanks

If you do a search (see Search above) for [scaling ladder formula] on this forum (use the [search entire posts] option), there will be plenty of hits.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=15069 is one of them; pay particular attention to the plots by Ron Beaufort.

That may not address exactly your particular application, so if that is not enough, ping here again.