PLC 5069-OW16 Output Module Flashing Red

jacor

Hello everyone,

I am having issues with an output module connected to my 5069-L306ER PLC. The modules I have connected are a 5069-IA16 in slot 1, a 5069-FPD in slot 2, and a 5069-OW16 in slot 3. The OW16 output module indicator lights flash red, and the manual says this means "A Field Power Loss condition exists". We have wired the field potential distributor to the SA power port and then wired the FPD to the output module. We confirmed that these ports are receiving power, so we do not know why there would be a field power loss. I would upload a picture of our wiring, but I am not by my PLC at the moment.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

That's usually an indication of no field power. Is the whole card flashing or only one section? There are usually 2 terminals (8 and 17) to supply the common to as well.

Did you upload a program into the PLC with the correct card configuration?

5069-OW16