PLC And Vending Machine

junkbonkin

I am working on a PLC simulation using I/O simulator and BCD counter i was basically i want a push button for 5,10,and 25 cent that would add them together then be able to tell if there is enough money and if so light a light for a few seconds then reset everything back to 0 any help would be appreciated if you have anyother questions i will try to answer as quick as possible

PS I Am using LogixPro

Last edited:
What do you have so far? Have you done a flow chart of how you want the system to behave? The hardest, yet most important, part of any automation project is defining exactly what you want the system to do. (What do you want to do with the 5 cent button? What do you want to do with the 10 cent button? ... What are the conditions to light the light? When do you reset what?...)

We'll help you, but we won't do your homework for you...

basically this is how i want it all to happen i have already made a flow chart for it there are three push buttons one for 5,10, and 25 cents as each push button is pushed it adds the value to the BCD counter.

When there is enough change say 65 cents a light will light up.
Then there will be a pushbutton for the selection, if there is not enough money another light will come on indicating that if there is enough money the selection light will come on for 4sec.
if exact change is used the machine will reset back to zero and start all iver again.
if there is an overage say a dollar for 65 cents another light will light up and the BCD counter will display the change for 10sec. then again will reset the machine back to zero