PLC for idiot

jayr

Hello,
I thought I knew something about PLC's having worked with Modicon & TI back in the day. Now looking at AB I am lost. Anyone know of a decent school in Orange Co. Ca. that is cheap enough that I can send myself to it & actually learn?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hello,
I thought I knew something about PLC's having worked with Modicon & TI back in the day. Now looking at AB I am lost. Anyone know of a decent school in Orange Co. Ca. that is cheap enough that I can send myself to it & actually learn?.

Welcome to a great place to start... and finish :)

I do not know of any in CA but there are a lot that you can do on your own and might be a good fit for you.

1. The link on the top of this page "learn PLC's"
2. I sell PLC trainers www.plctrainer.net
3. A ton of great info on the web like www.ronbeaufort.com Ron also has clases but you would need to fly, but his video are free
4. Buy a PLC and go for it on your own...

Once you get started you can find a lot of help here

Good luck...

PLCTrainers,
thanks for the reply. Where is the best place to pick up a plc to train on? you know, one that I can practice writing basic programs, inputs & observe the desired outputs, adjust coil times etc.?
I do intend to buy the basic book you have on here. Still..

Thanks

BobO, ain't that the truth.

Sometimes it is very easy to become complacent & comfortable, living off of your past accomplishments. Especially when you are moved into management & follow the Peter Principle. Lazy is a word that could be substituted, in my case.

Mark/GIT is a good guy so they say. I am just one of his pimps lol

Also,Welcome to this great forum.