Plc intercting with Vb.net 2008

jrjames

I have a plc siemens S7 300 and I would like to interact with Vb.net 2008 software. I am programming a software to control the plc output. Could some one please help me on matter? How can I configure them together.

I got an application thats similar except its VB6 on a PC communicating to a SLC 5/04. It does this using a program called Parijat 'ABDF1' (instead of using RSLinx Enterprise). Within the VB app you set up your block transfer and turn on inputs on the PLC side, then link the input to the output you want and bingo. Google Parijat, they got software for all brands.

There are many solutions assuming your S7 plc has a network card you could use an open source project like the one Archie described there is also an other alternative called Libnodave.

You can also use socket communication, use Siemens native Fetch/Write protocol or buy a component like Prodave from Siemens or Aglink. If you should talk to many plc's or plc's from diffrent vendors buying an OPC server and implement a OPC Client in VB might be a good alternative.