plc ladder diagram

justin.wand

I attend diamond oaks for the electrical program im on plc were i write my own light show using the sg2-20hr-a plc and me and my teacher cant figure out how to get it to repeat the light show to the beat of a song my teacher thinks its because of the flasher timers i used can any one help

Here is the user manual for the PLR you have, in case you were missing it, and you might find some useful information by reading it.

http://www.bb-elec.com/Products/Manuals/SG2PLR_UserManual_0707m.pdf

As to us helping you, think about the information you gave us. We have NO idea about the process you are trying to do other than it's a light show, We have NO idea what your logic looks like, and we have a vague idea about the problem you are having. If you give us more information, We will help you. But you have to give us that information (preferably with a little punctuation, please), we can't figure it out ourselves.

that doesnt have the info we need im ussling all flasher timers and counters and were trrying to get it to repeat the beat

Break it down into smaller steps. Prove out the flash timers by removing the extra code and trying to cycle on/off your output with just your single timer (T02). If that works add the counter. Next add your mode 2 logic.

How do you reset your counters C01/C02?

In the dialog box where you set up your counter, there is a section in the lower-right-hand corner for the reset. The example in the manual is set to M1, so turning on M1 will reset the counter.

You just need to set it to the bit that you will use in your program. A quick glance at your program tells me T0A, but I'm not certain.

2015-09-23_9-14-23.png

You need to add a rung to tell the counter to reset to 0.

In the red box that JordanCClark highlighted you put in M04 or other available memory space for the counter C01 and M05 for counter C02. I see your program is currently using M01 thru M03. Then in your program you need a coil () that turns on M04.

forgive my ascii art but
------| |C02---------()M04----
------| |C02---------()M05----