PLC <-> Linear Gage Counter with BCD output communication

calibr7

Hello,

I'm using Mitutoyo linear gage counter and I need to communicate it with the PLC to read the measured values. The gage counter has an BCD output.
Could you advise me what is the best way to make that? The gage counter output is a 36-pin connector.
It displays 6 digits and therefore 24 outputs are intended for digits according to the documentation.
I would be very grateful for any help. I am attaching documentation of device.

Cheers!

I would use a 5VDC TTL input 32Bits 23 BCD Outputs and don't do anything with the remaining inputs
Then read the input as a DTINT word
And bring in the 3 other outputs Sig, NOM and Ready into a separate 5VDC TTL input
Program the Mitutoyo to time interval output monitor the 3 status inputs move the input word into a working word only when both NOM and the RADY inputs are high as well as set the sign bit according to the SGN output