PLC losing parameters

Bradford0662

Good Morning All,

I have a Siemens 6ES5 466 PLC. We are intermittently losing parameters . We can pull the backup battery and power down. When it restarts, it loads from eeprom and runs fine for a while then all the parameters go to 0. Any help would be much appreciated.

6ES5 466 is an analog input card in an S5-115U rack, or an S5-135U rack or an S5-155U rack.

Suspects:
Electrical noise.
Brown-outs.
Defective CPU.
Defective rack.
Defective rack power supply.
Maybe combined with battery is low.

No matter if the PLC is an S5-115U, or an S5-135U or an S5-155U, it is totally obsolete, spare parts are difficult to get and are expensive.
A modern PLC will also have better diagnostics so you might get useful information to narrow down the error.
So........... time to bite the bullet.

So you can write your way around this most likely until you can catch and nail the problem down.

use a Equal block, if the operational value is equal to zero(if its not supposed to be) then then a move block to mov a fixed value to that operational value.

Of course this can also lead to complacency and you forgot about it,, then boom.

Last edited: