PLC Messaging Issue

raamakoti

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to set up messaging instructions between these two PLC.

PLC 1 = 1769L32E Compact Logix 5332E Controller V17 of Logix 5000
PLC 2 = 5069-L320ERM Controller 5380 Controller V31 of Studio 5000. It is set up as Dual IP. A1 for Enterprise and A2 for Local IO

Based on this article I tried everything for CIP Data table read setting.
Tried all 4 options. 1, IP address | 2, IP Address upto 4
https://www.plctalk.net/qanda/archi...rst chassis (the clx backplane always uses 1)

Still I could not communicate and I get the ER bit on the message instruction on.

Based on this
https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/5069-um001_-en-p.pdf

I even tried CIP Generic message type as well. I would really appreciate your help;)

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Is PLC-1 connected to the PLC-2 Enterprise network or the IO network ?

Which PLC is the MSG instruction being triggered in ?

Have you carefully triggered the MSG instruction and examined the .ERR code that results in the controlling tag ?

The dual-port controller is the trickiest part, but I'm confident we can get it straight. If you can post the specific IP addresses and exact syntax you are using, that would be ideal.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Is PLC-1 connected to the PLC-2 Enterprise network or the IO network ?

Which PLC is the MSG instruction being triggered in ?

Have you carefully triggered the MSG instruction and examined the .ERR code that results in the controlling tag ?

The dual-port controller is the trickiest part, but I'm confident we can get it straight. If you can post the specific IP addresses and exact syntax you are using, that would be ideal.

Here is the set up.
Enterprise Network goes to a unmanaged switch. PLC1 is connected to that switch. A1 port of the second PLC is connected to the unmanaged switch as well, that allows me the browse through the RSLinx and provide remote support. I can ping second PLC A1 through enterprise network as well. A2 is set up on 192.168.1.200
PLC1 is triggering the read/write message instructions
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SUbSs4q8PopQn5p1FlfbHsPtneno_kWw/view?usp=sharing
Thank you for your help.

I believe the Communications path in your MSG is incorrect. It should be like the following

LocalENB, 2 , 10.4.21.236

"LocalENB" is the default name of the local Ethernet interface. "2" tells the message to exit via the Ethernet port. Then the destination IP address.

OG

I believe the Communications path in your MSG is incorrect. It should be like the following

LocalENB, 2 , 10.4.21.236

"LocalENB" is the default name of the local Ethernet interface. "2" tells the message to exit via the Ethernet port. Then the destination IP address.

OG

Thank you that solved the comm error.