PLC Model+Config Offer Request

orkun

Hi,This is my first post to this forum.

I am not an expert of PLC's but I have just strated short time ago.My Problem is choosing the best configuration PLC+ modules configuration.(from Siemens)..I would be happy if somebody can give valuable advices to me..

We have to control an diesel internal combustion engine injector. We need to control an EDU (Electronic Control Unit). So we need 5V volt outputs for this.(4 output for 4 injector is an option,but first we are trying to control 1)

System has to read the encoder signal and TDC(reference) signal of encoder for determining the engine crankshaft position.Then after determining the engine position has to produce 5V outputs for driving the EDU.(max.engine speed is 6000 rev per minute)

Our (min) time intervals between two injection phase (or the time difference between signals) has to be ~ 139 microsecond - ~ 277 micro second.

In other words at time (A) system will have to go 0 to 5 V so fast (for opening the injector) then has to hold the voltage at 5 V for ex. 139 microsecond (A+139) , then has to go to 5 V to 0 V so fast i.e at duration of B second ( I dont know nanosecond is possible or not)other wise injector has left opened... So At A+139+B micro second signal hasto be 0 again…Then At A+270 microsecond the system will have to give 5 Volt again and …so on.

I would be very happy if somebody can help me about choosing the right model or the appllication.

Thanks
Orkun.

The application sounds much too fast for a standard off-the-shelf PLC. If it has to be a Siemens product, I would contact your local Siemen's representative or distributor for application help. The speed and response time requirements of the controller will require something special.

Dear jstolaruk,

Thanks for your reply.My Friend achieved with a PLC of siemens.But the engine Rev was lower.Like 2500 rev per minute...So the time time interval between to injection phases can goes up to 660 mikro second or higher..But they could not achived so little times.

Anyway,there is somebody knows Siemens PLC nearer to our lab so it will be easier for me to learn programming it. Anyway I would be happy to contact with a person who can understand my problem in detail and can offer me a right configuration.

My private contact detail is [email protected]. Or if you can mail me the name and the phone I would contact with him.Or will it be a problem directly calling siemens Turkey.Is it hard to find a person that can directly contact about thie subject.

Thanks again.
Regards.

I'm sorry, I don't specifically know a person for you to contact. You should try contacting the Siemens representative nearest to your physical location.

Dear jstolaruk,

Thanks for your reply.My Friend achieved with a PLC of siemens.But the engine Rev was lower.Like 2500 rev per minute...So the time time interval between to injection phases can goes up to 660 mikro second or higher..But they could not achived so little times.

Anyway,there is somebody knows Siemens PLC nearer to our lab so it will be easier for me to learn programming it. Anyway I would be happy to contact with a person who can understand my problem in detail and can offer me a right configuration.

My private contact detail is [email protected]. Or if you can mail me the name and the phone I would contact with him.Or will it be a problem directly calling siemens Turkey.Is it hard to find a person that can directly contact about thie subject.

Thanks again.
Regards.