PLC, PC and networks in DCS with SCADA

leitmotif - U really expect anyone to remember off the top of their head something they learnt 10 years ago :s
The majority of what we are learning is not needed at work anyway. Its simply shownig an employer that we are able to aquire skills. get the qualifications and then inherit experience over time...
...i was never asking anyone to 'do my homework' for me, only hoping to speak to someone who has had the chance to inherit the experience i have not.

That is where you would be surprised. There are many times something you learned in school will come up and bite you when you don't expect it. Happens to me all the time really. On top of that, networking is very key in the industrial world now.

Don't get me wrong, im not suggesting for a second that education is at all or in anyway useless!
Of course knowledge is power. hence the reason i came to this site.
i am the student and you guys are the teachers! some helpful, some belittling and patronising.

Well here is the deal. Most of the guys are more then willing to help you out if you show effort in it. You will never get an answer by posting the question and that its.

You need to do your research on the different topologies. What are the pro's and con's of both. What type of data do you need to move. What speed are you looking for. What type of hardware will you need, etc.

Come up with your theory and why you believe that will work and then you will get the help. You said ring network, why is that? I know you said you read about it, why do you think the ring network would be the 'best' fit for your needs.

i think really its about me posting what i think, and then the guys who know more than me, telling me im wrong and making themselves feel good in the knowledge they know more than someone else?
i have now finished the question (dont worry by myself)handed it in, and all is well. AS i have tried to explain, i am merely seeking info from people who have experience, info which cannot be learnt or studied. This has clearly been misconstrued as me trying to find someone so bored, they would want to complete my work for me. I stress this is not the case.
thanks

I don't think this is the case. This is a professional forum where users support each other. You'll find that many are gun shy when it comes to directly answering questions that are obviously homework assignments. More to the point, when members come with such questions that they haven't begun to research themselves. You'd get much more traction with a post like, "(disclosing homework question), here's what I've come up with, is there anything else I should consider? or I have specific question XYZ...".

i think really its about me posting what i think, and then the guys who know more than me, telling me im wrong and making themselves feel good in the knowledge they know more than someone else?