PLC program example

Thank you for your help.
I'm using a two position selector switch, one can only be on at a time, it's either X12 feed once or X13 feed twice. I made changes to the program with your recommendations. Let me know if this will work. See attachment.

Made more changes. See attachment. Need help with Feed twice with out turning Y2 on till Feeder have gone through two cycles, where would I put the counter in the rung, the count bit and reset bit.

Last edited:
Made more changes. See attachment. Need help with Feed twice with out turning Y2 on till Feeder have gone through two cycles, where would I put the counter in the rung, the count bit and reset bit.
I made a few changes to your program to show you some ideas/ways to try to answer your questions. This may not work, I have no way to Simulate DirectSoft5. The K value of CT0 may need to be changed to 1 instead of being at 2. I suspect that more changes will be needed.

I will look at the changes that you've made and see if it will work. I will let you know.

Thank you

I made changes, when Feed Twice selector switch is on, X1 will pulse CT0 twice before Y2 comes ON, Y2 will also reset CTO, I'm hoping Y2 will stay on long enough, if not I would have to find a way to make Y2 stay ON for 2sec. before reseting CT0. See attachment with changes.

Thanks,

I made changes, when Feed Twice selector switch is on, X1 will pulse CT0 twice before Y2 comes ON, Y2 will also reset CTO, I'm hoping Y2 will stay on long enough, if not I would have to find a way to make Y2 stay ON for 2sec. before reseting CT0. See attachment with changes.

Thanks,
Added Rungs 3,4,5 to show how to adjust time for Y2 (Cutter) to stay on. Change K value to adjust the amount of time needed.