plc siemens step 5 questiion

mamadoo95

I have a problem with a cnc machine using step 5 siemens plc, the problem is that the machine doesnot recognise the plc, so i need to know the software to be installed on the pc inorder to be able to connect to the plc, i mean it`s name, a link to download if possible, i ask also the schematic configuration of the communication cable between the pc and the plc, is it A must to use a pg or i can use a normal laptop with usb to serial converter.
thanks at all..

The last version of Step 5 is the V7.23, if I´m right, you can running in Windows XP.
And you need the following cable, RS232 - TTY. You can make it, this is the schematic

RS232-TTY.png

I found a link for downloadig the software on filestube.com it is 294 mb, hope it works, thanks for replying..

I found a link for downloadig the software on filestube.com it is 294 mb, hope it works, thanks for replying..

You will be much better off in the long run to just buy the software (or get your company to buy the software) rather than trying to get hold of copies from the net.

For starters, most PLC software is protected but secondly you have no idea what you are installing this way.

I can tell you now that 294mb ain't S5 software....