plc use in substations

amedeo

hi folks,

any authority on the use of plcs in substations?

would like to ask a few questions

please let me know

tanx

Have not used specifically in a substation but have certainly controlled a high voltage power station with PLCs. This also included monitoring and switching HV circuit breakers to and from transformers. It is really only another application.
beerchug

BobB could u write back

hi bobb,
glad u responded to my call

my email is [email protected]

let me have yours so that i can worry you directly with nagging questions

it is just a school project

so i beleive your experience can help clarify issues for me

looking forward to hearing from you

bye

I would rather keep it in the public forum as there may be topics that will interest other people. Other members may also wish to comment.
I really do not know what issues you could have as it is just another project.
Switching high voltage is not that different to switching low voltage, for example. The only real difference is that the voltage is higher and the current is lower. The protection systems look after themselves and you only have to be careful about the peculiarities of the circuit breakers.
For example, with Merlin & Gerin low voltage breakers, delay any reclose attempts for 2 seconds after a breaker has opened or has failed to close. If not, the breaker is likely to "lock up" and not close.
Place your questions here and I will attempt to answer them.
Regards
beerchug