PLC2 and A.I. Ladder Logistics Verify Error PLC-2

this is just a guess on my part, but I would copy the program file to another location on the drive and see if it will then verify. if it does, you may have hard drive issues.

if you do suspect hard drive issues, do the following:
1. back up your files.
2. I would open a command prompt and type in chkdsk x:/f
where x is the letter of the hard drive you are storing the information on. this will find any list clusters and cross linked files. then goto the root directory of that drive using a dos prompt and type del *.chk
this will free up that information for use in the system.
3. see if you can replace the drive.

again, this is a guess on my part.
james

I created a new program and imported Ladder Routines into it from the original backup program and same results.

I am also seeing an Error when i try to put the PLC into Remote/Run.
I get the following error:
"Processor Error - No Reply to message sent"
It refuses to go into Rem->Run via the software. When we put the keyswitch the Processor Fault lamp is lit.

This error means your drastically need to update.

Customer site. Nothing I'm responsible for. They are scrapping the line in 6-12 months so they don't want to drop 10k on an update. I don't like it but its understandable under the circumstances.

Presumably the "Verify" failed because of the [DT Errors], whatever they are.

A verify is usually something like confirming what the PC thought it downloaded is the same as what is in the PLC.

Do you have another PLC-2 to which this program could be imported? If it works, then that isolates the problem i.e. the current PLC-2 (memory? I/O module? cable?) is suspect. Your "new program" suggests the PC and software are okay.

I'm not saying I have any experience with PLC-2, just follow the hints where they lead and try benign things to get more info; swapping a PLC might be a straightforward solution given your constraints; you don't need to know what the actual problem is, just how to get around it. If the customer does not have spares for summat this old, then this is what they deserve, and PLC-2 hardware can be found on eBay for a few hundred dollars, so that is at least as cheap as your time.

What is the context in which you're working on this PLC-2 ? Are you modifying or troubleshooting the system, or trying to repair/reset a fault ?

Does it appear to otherwise connect over the PCMK->PLC2 front panel connection ? Was there an indication of progress after you started the download ?

My guess is that "DT" means "Data Table" and that AI-2 is comparing the data table contents of the controller with the contents offline. Maybe the controller is returning an error code instead of the value of the data table area, or failing to respond to those messages at all.