PLC5/11 to new Foxboro (FBM230) - 1785-KE?

Hi there, first post

I'm wanting to interface to a couple of old PLC5/11s to a new Foxboro system. At the moment they are connected to a Foxboro node using the AB-station bolt on to the DNBI cards. I now need to communicate to the FBM230 serial or FBM232 ethernet modules.

COMM0 on the 5/11s is being used for other comms so i can't connect direct to that as i'd wish (FBM230 using DF1 protocol direct) and i don't really want to use the big ugly grey 1770-KF2s and jump in on the existing DH+ network (which again is doing other stuff) so i'm looking for other ideas

One thing i came across is the 1785-KE which can communicate with the FBM230 on the serial connector, but how much work is involved in installing this module in the PLC5? Is it plug & play, will my original read requests work or is there data mapping involved, firmware upgrades etc etc? is it even compatible?

Other options are maybe one of the Prosoft modules MVI71-DFCM, MVI71-MCM, MVI71-DFNT, MVI71-MNET perhaps?

Finally is there (fingers crossed) a way to reuse the AB-Station? The DNBI connects via the two larger serial connectors but there is an unused COMM0, 9 pin type. Does this by any chance work with the DF1 protocol so i don't even need any new hardware!? Information about the AB-station seems hard to come by, i've got foxdoc B0193MK and AB 1785-2.37 but neither of them explain what COMM0 is for

Any advice greatfully received
Martin