PLC5 ASCII CH0 Port Communication

Dear Expert,
Currently I am working in old PLC5 to get the data from Weighing scale delivered by Mettler-Toledo. Here is the result so far:
1. Setting in the weighing scale done ( I can select to send the data continuesly or by event for example by push the "P" button)
2. Setting in PLC5 CH0 is done ( I can see the random data appearing in my ST data files)

I need to understand
1. how is the ascii buffer (256 character max) working, if for example first data send from Weighing Scale contain 10 character then the next data will place in the next position (11 to 20)? if so, what happend after the buffer is full?

2. The read ascii instrunctions (ABL and ACB) is only read the data or after reading its clear the buffer (according to the length) ? if it's clear the buffer, how about the next character position, is it stay in his position or shifted

3. I have make a for-next instruction to clear the buffer by using ARD 4 times but seems not working. If you have experience before, please share that part of program