PLC5 Debugging Issue (unable to get online)

abhzter

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,

I am having issues with getting online on my PLC5 file (RS Logix 5) and everytime I try to get online, it asks me to manually debug it via Visual Studio 8.

It was working fine until one night, it suddenly crashed (it stopped getting online). I can still open PLC5 file and work offline.

I also checked RSLogix 5000 and it works just fine.

Can Anyone help me out with this?

5d4ccp.jpg

Let me know if I am missing any information so you can understand my issue clearly.

never seen this one before - so this is just a guess ...

read Knowledgebase article 59855 - which mentions your error message ...

and consider deleting the RSLinx Harmony files as directed in article 48241 ...

both of these articles are listed as "Access everyone" so you should be able to read them ...

Thanks for your response Ron. I am having hard time finding the articles you mentioned. Will it be possible for you to guide me where can I find these articles?

The first solution this article proposes is to verify your Windows DEP setting. Your screenshot appears to show Windows XP. To check your DEP setting do the following:
  1. Right-click on My Computer and select Properties
  2. Click on the Advanced tab
  3. In the Performance section, click the Settings button
  4. Select the Data Execution Prevention tab
  5. Ensure it is set to Turn on DEP for essential.....
  6. Click OK as needed and reboot the machine if you had to change this setting

That is the default setting for DEP. It is possible installing another program has modified this setting. Also a good idea before changing this setting to note how it was configured just in case it is necessary to revert back to the prior configuration.

Here is the link to the article Ron suggested. You will have to register with Rockwell to access the document. Registration is easy and many of the documents are available to everyone. Some documents, but not this one, require a support contract.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59855

OG

Last edited: