PLC5 Network Comms Issues

jimdavie

Hi,
I'm experiencing loss of communications on our plant network usually when trying to go online to one particular PLC5. The network consists of 14 PLC5's in duty standby pairs, 6 SLC5/05's and InTouch 9.5 SCADA all sitting on ethernet with controlnet remote I/O and a couple of DH+ SLC 5/04's thrown in. The problem seems to occur when either attempting to go online to or making online changes to one particular PLC5. This machine handles common services for the whole plant, has the biggest source code and does lots of inter PLC comms on both ethernet and DH+. The loss of communications is a real pain as permissives for other parts of the plant are lost and we end up in a shutdown situation. The communications re-establish theselves slowly, taking up to 30 minutes to kick back in fully. Any ideas folks ?

I hope I'm not going out on a limb on this one but I seem to remember seeing an issue like this a few years back.

The best thing to do is to write down the PLC-5 series and revision and contact tech support...

Good luck,

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)