PLC5 To ControlLogix Via Ethernet

tonygoulding

I've done the above via DH+ and ControlNet, but I'm having difficulty via Ethernet. I've been told that it may be a PLC Firmware issue. Has anybody managed this type of communication, which I'm sure is quite easy and if so what difficulties have they had or what do I need to ensure is correct from a Hardware, Firmware or Software point of view. Any help on this would be appreciated.

PLC-5E and 1785-ENET Sidecar need to support the "CIP" protocol before they can communicate over Ethernet to the ControlLogix family of controllers. About four years ago the PLC-5E firmware was enhanced to support that application protocol.

Rockwell knowledgebase document G16915 has the required firmware revisions and a little application information about "multi-hop" messaging.

hi, I am a student of instrumentation and control and doing project on web based PLC. So what i know is that your PC can be accessed through other PCs by using the protocol available on www.pcanywhere.com. then what u need is to connect your PLC with the PC and that will be accessed from anywhere in the world, its password protected and your server must be on. The problem is that its costlier but free trial version is there, so u can check it.
All the best.
vihar