Please help!!! Moeller XC-201 to PC ethernet conection

blade

Hello
I am trying to establish a PC to XC-201 connection using a crossover ethernet cable in Codesys.

I have changed the IP address of the PC so that both the PC and the XC-201 have the same IP address family but I still get a "communication error (#0): logout performed".

I have tried to use the PLC browser to find out if the IP address of the XC-201 is the default one (192.168.119.200) but the PLC browser doesn't display anything(none of the commands work).

Please help

You should connect with a serial cable first to verify the IP address and change it if necessary. The same RJ45 connector shares the Ethernet and RS-232 pins. The cable pinout for the serial cable is in the manual. (PDF page 18 of this manual: ftp://ftp.moeller.net/DOCUMENTATION/AWB_MANUALS/h1491g.pdf)

How did you try to change the IP address of the PLC? I always attach with a serial cable, then use the PLC browser to set the ip address. You have to specify an IP address and a subnet mask at the same time so to set it back to default you would use
setipconfig 192.168.119.200 255.255.255.0
Then you MUST do a
saveregistry
command in order to make the change permanent.
I always reboot the plc after that for good measure but I don't believe it is strictly necessary.

Don't mess around with trying to use CoDeSys to communicate to the PLC until you can issue a ping command for its address and get a response.

Make sure your laptop and the PLC are the only things in the network and do your ping test twice with your laptop set to different addresses just in case your laptop is set to the same exact ip as the PLC.

Thank you for your response but I don't have a serial cable.

Can I use a usb stick for programming? If so, how can I do it?

I never tried USB programming. Look in the manual to see if there's a way to reset the PLC to defaults and then you should be able to use the default ip address.

I found an old e-mail from Moeller regarding resetting the XC controller:

[FONT=&quot]Yes, you can also reset the PLC. There is a blue reset button behind the battery. Power off the PLC, RUN/STOP switch to RUN, press the reset button with a screw diriver through the case and switch on the PLC again. Keep the reset button pressed until the LEDs flash for the second time. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then you should have factory settings (if the old OS is not damaged on the plc). If you have somehow damaged the OS when downloading it, the reset doesn't function. Then the only way to get it back is to download the OS with via serial port.[/FONT]
I don't believe we ever tried this so I cannot verify that it works but it did come from a tech in Germany.