please help quick I am at a down mach.

joeparrish

I can not get online it is a Allen Bradley plac micrologics 1500 24bwa. With some kind of panelveiw using the port called a quick panel jr.I have the program and it is calling the driver a pic in rs 500 yet the only way to hook uo is a rs232. When I go to rs linx to try to change the driver to the rs232 it never talks to the plc.

If you have the offline file for your ML1500 then check the comm port
configuration. If it is configured for DH485 then you will need the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver ( you will need a real serial port on your PC for this) use a null modem cable. You can also change the ML's port back to default by pushing the comm toggle buttom on the front of the ML1500. Then you can use the DF1 RS232 driver.
See PDF for this.

Then see PDF I posted and use the DF1 driver.
Post your ML1500 program if you can. ( .RSS file zip it and post)
Does your ML have one port or two ports? ( Ml1500 LRP or LSP)

What kind of PCMCIA card do you have? Is this an Allen Bradley device or a PCMCIA to serial card?

Last edited:
Try deleting the DF1 driver and installing the PIC driver in RSLinx.
The PIC driver is used for any DH485 communications (even if the physical connection is RS232 serial). The communication paramaters should match those in your PLC configuration (the default values of the PIC driver are typically correct).