Please Help with backing up Omron NS8

bussbk

I'm working with a Dry Cleaning facility. We have 2 (two) Dry Cleaning machines that use Omron HMI model NS8-TV00-V2. Three days ago, one of our dry cleaning machine went down due to the HMI screen went fuzzy at first and now dark. I purchased a used HMI from Ebay which is same exact model. The new HMI powered on and trying to connect to the PLC and nothing else happen. I then realized that I have to upload the program to the new Omron HMI. My questing is: How do I copy the program from the working HMI to the new replacement HMI? The replacement HMI probable has some program in it and need to be removed. Please HELP!!

You will need to use CX-Designer software that is part of the OMRON CX-One programming suite.

IF the old HMI is still working even though the screen is blank you would be able to upload the program from the OLD one and download to the new.
IF the old HMI is NOT working AND the other machine is IDENTICAL you could download/save the program from the NS, THEN download to the spare unit you have acquired.

There may also be a method to do this WITHOUT the software using a CF card to upload/download the NS program . I've not used this so am uncertain if you can do it.

We are based in Miami FL and use OMRON Software for the majority of our projects!

Where are you in FL?
PM me if you want a quote for a service call.