Plug/Connector Options

Greg Dake

Hi Everyone,

We have an application where we will be implementing a portable process pump cart. (7.5HP, 480V, centrifugal pump)

The portable pump cart will consist of pump/motor and a washdown rated VFD. I am looking for a plug option for the low voltage side for the VFD to bring in 4 conductors for the safe torque-off and the conductors required for Ethernet. I know Meltric makes good multi-pin connectors, but not sure about a good plug for the Ethernet connection. I really don't want to have three different plugs and trying to combine what I can. Just looking for options.

TIA,

Greg

If you don't need the disconnect function of the Meltric connector, I have used these for connecting 24VDC signals, Ethernet, and RS232 signals all in one connector.

https://www.harting.com/US/en/rectangular-connector

They make connectors for this series that will handle 480VAC, but I would recommend against mixing 480VAC and low voltage or communication in the same connection.

The Harting connectors are what I see the most of in the food industry to connect portable equipment. Just be aware, they a major PIA to repair when they get wrecked. And it is just a matter of "when" not "if".

Bubba.