plz help,PD ctrl( PID in RSlogix5),it doesnt work with ouput%

the driver setting indicates that you're running this in the EMULATOR ... sorry - that won't "do" PID ...

in simplest terms, the Emulator software will NOT execute/run the PID equation ... you need a real/hardware PLC-5 for the PID to work ...

Darn, I missed that.

the main reason that I looked for it was that I remembered he told us in an earlier thread that he does NOT have a PLC hardware setup ...

so let's see ... the score must be something like:

Mickey 998 ...
Ron 2 ...

(not that I'm counting) ...

Thank Mickey and Ron ,
Now,I try to buy or rent PLC5/20 secondhand to practice with PID. But in VietNam maybe it's very difficult to find it.
I dont know how can i have PLC5/20.In American,get it so easy,But in VietNam...
this question actually so silly,

well, if you buy one make sure that it is NOT a PLC-5/15 or a PLC-5/25 ... those are what they call "classics" – and they do NOT have a serial port on them ... that means that you can NOT use a cheap serial cable to communicate with them for programming purposes ... instead you'll need a Data Highway Plus connection – which is usually quite expensive (sometimes more than the price of the processor itself) ...

besides a processor, you'll also need a chassis ("rack") and a power supply to make the system work ... you'll also need an analog input module and possibly an analog output module if you really want to control an actual working system ...

check on eBay and see what you come up with ...

just a thought: are there any colleges or technical schools nearby that might have PLC equipment in their lab? ... sometimes (at least in America) the cheapest way to get your hands on the hardware is to sign up as a student for a semester – and spend extra time working on your own in the PLC lab ...

another thought: maybe you have friends or co-workers who are also interested in PLCs – maybe they'd be willing to share the expenses of the hardware and study with you ...

another thought: maybe you should look into getting a smaller system (for example: a MicroLogix 1100 system) instead of a PLC-5 ... I've never worked with a MicroLogix 1100, but I'm pretty sure that they will do PID control ... be sure to confirm that with the rest of the forum members before you decide to go that route ...

good luck – and keep us posted on how things are going for you ...

Last edited:
thankfull your advise,
But..Could I just use only 1 Processor PLC5 (without module)+ cable (connect with my computer) , I just need Display 1 PID in RSview32? ,and make sure PID run good.

and in other case, and havent got hardware ,how can i know and make sure PID run ok in RSlogix5,
That's all.

Thank you