PMA KS800 to HMI replacement issues

Aussiewires86

Hi all, long time lurker and finally decided to sign on to get some help for those smarter and more experienced than I! I'll put it out there right now, I am extremely inexperienced in programming PLC's/HMI's. I do however have automation engineers at work that have that will help me when needed.

My issue is that I have a PMA KS800 multi-loop temperature controller and BT800 display that I need to replace the display on. I've tried every avenue I can with suppliers to try and source replacement displays but no one can find one for me. The BT800 display is intermittently freezing causing me plenty of headaches as operators look at the display and think all is good temperature wise when the values are frozen!

The existing setup is CANopen between the KS800 and BT800, however I have a spare 7" HMI which is a clone of a Wecon brand that is capable of RS485 AND I have a spare KS800-RS unit. The plan was to program and put into service the KS800-RS unit with the 7" HMI but I cannot find anywhere in the PMA manuals the addressing to use with RS485. I did talk with one of my local suppliers/contractors that does alot of work with PMA units and even he cannot find what is required to be able to communicate from a HMI to a KS800.

If I cannot work out a solution to communicate between HMI and KS800 then i'll have to look into replacing with something newer like a Eurotherm Mini8 or equivalent multi-loop controller.

If anyone has any advice they're willing to share, or even just to confirm that this is or isn't possible so I can move onto sorting out replacement, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Luke