Pocket Serial Terminal?

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Anyone aware of a pocket sized Serial Terminal ? I know I can use a laptop with a terminal emulator and I have a protocol analyzer for real work, but sometimes I just need an 80x25 display just to see what's coming out the serial port.

A raspberry pi? An Arduino and an LCD shield?

I'd imagine with a bit of imagination, the raspberry pi could decide a couple of protocols for you too.

A quick search online says you can do it with an Android phone, plus either USB to Serial or Bluetooth to Serial adaptors. If you went Apple, you only have yourself to blame :)

Similar Topics

Has anyone ever used a PDA to download configurations using IR from the IQ series of Rotork valve actuators? The software is downloadable from...
Replies
Views
I want to communicate with a dlink pocket router / access point to an allen bradley 1756-L61 ControlLogix 5561 controller through an ethernet card...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of any software packages/utilities that would be available for Pocket PC/Windows Mobile devices? I am not necessarly looking to...
Replies
Views
I am looking for a website with software downloads or that can be ordered for pocket internet explorer for windows ce device for siemens hmi...
Replies
Views
Found a good pocket ref. All you have to do is take a survay At www.kbelectronics.com Found out about it while looking up some info on KB DC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom