Power Over Ethernet

rajy2r

I ordered a POE(Power Over Ethernet) camera from Mobotix. Well i would have assumed that it comes with a power supply, but i guess it doesnt. Was looking to pick up something locally with a 120VAC input, and a 24~48V DC output for POE.

Has anyone dealt with something like this before. If so any suggestions?

Are you plugging the camera into an Ethernet Switch?
If so, the switch should be capable of supplying the power.

Yea i understand that the switch has to be capable of supplying power.

I just took the power adapter of a phone, and am using it on the camera. Seems to be working fine. Its just i was looking for the Power Adapter locally. I guess i can always call the manufacturer of the camera, and have it shipped it and pay them the premium price.