Power-Up problem with an FM352 CAM card.

userxyz

I'm having troubles with a FM352 CAM card.

Every time when they have a power shut-down, they are having a lot of troubles to get the CPU back in RUN Mode.

This is what the CPU says:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

They never shut-off the cabinet, so it only happens when there is a Main Power Shut-Down.

After trying a lot of times, they achieve to get the CPU back in Run Mode.

What could be done to this problem ?

0.JPG

In the ab type of plc's, we sometimes have the same problem.
there is a fault over ride at power up bit which we turn on.
this disables fault routine when you immediately power up the processor and allows certain i/o modules to finish powering up before the fault routine for i/o is enabled.

hope this helps,
james

In the ab type of plc's, we sometimes have the same problem.
there is a fault over ride at power up bit which we turn on.
this disables fault routine when you immediately power up the processor and allows certain i/o modules to finish powering up before the fault routine for i/o is enabled.

hope this helps,
james

Donno in Siemens PLC where to configure this...
There is no OB interrupt demanding in the diagnostic screen...

Hello

For a differenet module (a M7) the same looking thing happened to me once but I was unable to get the CPU to run. How do you manage to get to CPU run?

What do you do when this problem occurs?

Thanks

Hello

Hello

For a differenet module (a M7) the same looking thing happened to me once but I was unable to get the CPU to run. How do you manage to get to CPU run?

What do you do when this problem occurs?

Thanks

Well, they try many times to cut off the power and re-arm. Sometimes the CPU gets in run after trying 15 minuts and sometimes after 2 hours 🔨

So you must understand that this problem is annoying. Such donwtime for a stupid problem. When they start-up the cabinet with the CPU in STOP mode and they reset the switch in RUN after waiting a while, then they achieve to get the CPU to Run (they told me that, I couldn't verify this). So I'm wondering what I can do to prevent this situation... If the FM352 needs more startup time then the CPU, then there must be a simple solution I guess ?
:confused::confused:

What are the startup settings of the CPU,
is 'Startup if preset configuration does not match actual configuration' active?
What is the monitoring time for finished message from module, and for transfer of parameters to modules?
See startup tab in cpu-properties.

Hallow

Hellow,
'Startup if preset configuration does not match actual configuration' is active indeed.

The monitorring times are the default values of 650 and 100.

What can I change to these settings to prevent future problems ?

Thanks,
Regards,
Gerry

What are the startup settings of the CPU,
is 'Startup if preset configuration does not match actual configuration' active?
What is the monitoring time for finished message from module, and for transfer of parameters to modules?
See startup tab in cpu-properties.

Hmm

Okay,

Today I could do some tests and I spoke to the guy who've seen the problem.

We've tried to simulate the problem by shutting down the cabinet, also when the axe is running. We could not reproduce the error.

When the problem happens, this is what he've seen:
The FM352 it's Red led was on. While this led is on, the CPU could not startup. Today the red light is on after a shut down, but it gets off and the CPU is starting normally then.

I think the solution is not to be found in the cpu settings but on the FM352 side....

I've read this in the manual:

Turn on the power on the power supply module.
The red LED SF on the FM 352 is lit briefly and then goes off if the internal module test is OK.

So, my interpretation is that the module sometimes fails the internal module test, after reading this....

Or:

•
Hardware interrupt lost
•

Watchdog expired
•

The FM 352 not configured.
•

Incorrect FM 352 parameter assignment (only when
parameters assigned with SDB)
•

No external 24 V auxiliary supply
•

No front connector
•

Encoder wire break
•

Operating error
•

Absolute encoder frame error
• Incremental encoder pulse missing or zero marker missing

Next time I should also look in the diagnostics of the FM352 I suppose...

Hellow,
'Startup if preset configuration does not match actual configuration' is active indeed.

The monitorring times are the default values of 650 and 100.

What can I change to these settings to prevent future problems ?

Thanks,
Regards,
Gerry

Last edited: