brick type 24v DC or 240AC
rack type 24v DC or 240AC
modular type 24v DC or 240AC

How much fuel is needed for

- two-seater, petrol or diesel
- stationcar, petrol or diesel
- off-road car, petrol or diesel

Answer: it depends on the car itself.

The same is true for the PLCs. With 27 years of experience behind me I can't answer your questions, because of need of more information:

- make, type, version, etc. of brick type
- make, type, version, size, loading, etc of rack type
- make, type, version, number of modules (type, version, etc of each), etc. of modular type

One hint: if this is a homework assignment (and I assume it is) and these are the questions as stated by your tutor, then direct him to this answer. It will be a real pleasure for me to point out to him what kind of fool he is.

Regards,

jvdcande said:
How much fuel is needed for

- two-seater, petrol or diesel
- stationcar, petrol or diesel
- off-road car, petrol or diesel

Answer: it depends on the car itself.

The same is true for the PLCs. With 27 years of experience behind me I can't answer your questions, because of need of more information:

- make, type, version, etc. of brick type
- make, type, version, size, loading, etc of rack type
- make, type, version, number of modules (type, version, etc of each), etc. of modular type

One hint: if this is a homework assignment (and I assume it is) and these are the questions as stated by your tutor, then direct him to this answer. It will be a real pleasure for me to point out to him what kind of fool he is.

Regards,

Jvdcande,
If I were the teacher I would add Hydrogen as well!!

jenko,

As I'm reading your posts for today. I'm thinking "The caffene level is a little high in this kid". You appear to be cramming for a test that you haven't prepared for.

In this thread http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=37171 you confessed
jenko said:
sorry i dont have them at hand i basicly have to find out things about the plcs i have chosen as you can see i give a good bit of detail in sen 1 then i go down hill from there as my notes get worser

jenko said:
:( any help?

You bet: Slow down and think about your post. We won't do your homework for you. Post both the questions and your answers. Then we might be able to give you some hints to make you think.

Here are some hints. On my side of the pond 120V AC is/was a popular power/control voltage. But we now have new regulations that make us wear a flame retardant "space suit" on any exposed voltage over 50 volts. Last but not least the phrase "it depends" might be the most common leader to any answer on this forum

jenko said:
what power is needed for:

We are actually harmonised over here in the UK now (or supposed to be!) so its 230Vac...

jenko said:
what power is needed for:

I have seen many people ask this question
What kind of
boat
car
truck
house
should I buy?

ANSWER(S)
YOU are the customer.
YOU determine your needs wants.
YOU pick and choose from the manufacturers which of their units meet your needs wants.

Dan Bentler

What power is needed for:

brick type 24v DC or 240AC ?
rack type 24v DC or 240AC ?
modular type 24v DC or 240AC ?
Because you have already been given the voltages, do you want the other important parameter for power, the current or amperage?

It depends if by "power" if you mean just the power to run the PLC, or if you are also including the power for all the circuits attached to the Inputs and Outputs of the PLC.

Generally the brick type will be low-powered and will not need a very large power supply. You can probably run it off a 5 Amp circuit breaker at 240 volts, or a 20 Amp fuse at 24 volts DC.

The other two types could use any amount of power, depending on how many devices are connected to the PLC.