Powerflex 525 F109 Fault

ellcap

I recognize that I need to factory reset the drive and that P053 is my ticket.
Problem statement: I can't get passed the fault display to get to P053. If I hold down the Stop button, I can also navigate with the arrows but before I can ever get to P053 it bounces back to the fault display and I'm left starting over.

If I knew the IP address, I'd try it with CCW but I can't get to the Communication params to see the IP.

Ooooh, I wonder if i just wireshark it with a powercycle if I can get the IP and do it with CCW....

Is there any other magic keystroke to ack the fault long enough that I can just do it with the P525 keypad?

You might be able to use the USB transfer utility to set P053 to 3. The utility didn’t work for a while on Windows 10. I don’t know if the drive has to be firmware 7.001 or later, or if the utility was updated at that point to work. I think I've used a newer working utility on older 5.001 drives, but I’m not certain and don’t have a test handy. This technote isn’t clear on that, but has a download for the Windows 10 compatible utility.

The earlier utility and drives worked fine in Windows 7.

Access everyone: https://rockwellautomation.custhelp...fer-utility-usb-3.0/windows-10-compatibility-

Last edited:
ellcap what 5618 is referring to is that you can remove the control module form the PF525 and connect a computer to the USB port on the back, you then go to windows explorer and locate the PF525 as a drive, then you open the drive and you will see a program that you can run to upload the Pf525 parameters and save as a *.pf5 file which can then be opened in CCW.
You can then change the parameters that you want and save as *.pf5 and then use the program that you uploaded the parameters with to download to the PF525 the new parameters, after this you can refit the control module to the power section of the PF525.

Note make sure there is no power on the PF525.

ellcap what 5618 is referring to is that you can remove the control module form the PF525 and connect a computer to the USB port on the back, you then go to windows explorer and locate the PF525 as a drive, then you open the drive and you will see a program that you can run to upload the Pf525 parameters and save as a *.pf5 file which can then be opened in CCW.
You can then change the parameters that you want and save as *.pf5 and then use the program that you uploaded the parameters with to download to the PF525 the new parameters, after this you can refit the control module to the power section of the PF525.

Note make sure there is no power on the PF525.

That is very interesting. I am going to try that this week. The Esc key was the first thing I tried when it happened and nothing.

If I didn't know its IP address, I would plug directly into its Ethernet port and use Wireshark.

I've found the USB utility to sometimes be fiddly. And there's an extra import/export step in CCW since it can't read the file directly. I do usually try it first, but don't be surprised if it takes a couple tries to work.