PowerFlex 755 current change

oldnerd

I have a powerflex 755 , every time the power is cycled on the drive the overload current changes from the setting of 1581 to 33. We have to go in and put the 1581 back in to get the motor to run..
Anyone know anything on this one?
I can not even find the parameter in the manual.

I have a powerflex 755 , every time the power is cycled on the drive the overload current changes from the setting of 1581 to 33. We have to go in and put the 1581 back in to get the motor to run..
Anyone know anything on this one?
I can not even find the parameter in the manual.
Is the VFD connected to a Logix PLC via Ethernet? If so, do you have ADC enabled? If so, then for some reason, you likely have the 33 value stored into the PLC memory for that IP address, so whenever power is cycled to the drive, ADC overwrites the values in the drive.

"ADC", in this context, is "Automatic Device Configuration", a technology that I really, really dislike for complex AC drives.

When the PLC connects to the drive, it reads the checksum for the writable parameters and compares it to its stored set. If they are different, it writes the stored value to the drive.

"ADR" and "ADC" are great for prox switches that get mashed by hammers, but I strongly prefer a reconfiguration / correlation function that requires judicial review for AC drives.