PowerFlex 755 VFD Sync to master clock

Lovell

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a 1756-L83E PLC and I have a PowerFlex 755 VFD and in the properties in the project I added it to I see in the Date/Time area under clock status:

Synchronized to master clock: No

When the drive is powered off it looses the date-time.

My question is how can I sync it to the PLC?

I don't see an option to enable it anywhere. All I have is Set from Workstation or Change date and time...

All my VFD's are disco dancing after a power reset - 1970.

Well that just sucks, you would think since the drive is on ethernet, you would be able to write data to the vfd's date/time tags, or use something like he Logix 5000 time synch tool?

Well that just sucks, you would think since the drive is on ethernet, you would be able to write data to the vfd's date/time tags, or use something like he Logix 5000 time synch tool?
You can write the date/time. Tech Note: QA16340