Powerflex700s F13 tripped in Incoming phase loss fault

nishithit

We have a PF700s F13 drive for our KILN main motor which was tripped in HIHP inphaseLS fault few days back.we ahve check all incomin fuses & Phase to phase voltage & Current which seems to be ok. After that to keep plant running we have configured the fault as an alarm.After that the drive is running well but alarm is still present in drive.During my study I came to know that it may be due to DC Bus ripple this fault is appearing.But I like to how could we measure the ripples?Is there any parameter there for this? or the incoming phase loss fault is appearing due to any other reasons? please help.:geek:

Last edited:
did you check the motor, phase to phase, phase to ground , and if the data plate infor on the motor matches the drive .

Not directly familiar with the AB PF's but, in general, a failed bus capacitor can cause excess ripple. So can a shorted bus choke. It may also be possible to generate excess ripple when the incoming AC power is not balanced to ground. Newer drives have EMC filters that react badly when the AC power is unbalanced to ground.

Thanks to Rdhote23, pino2003fr & DickDV for your Inputs.

We have checked followings

1. Phase to phase voltage in all incoming 6 phases are 689+/-2
2. Current of rectifier unit-1 of all phases 55 +/- 3
3. Current of rectifier unit-2 of all phases 45 +/- 3
4. Dc Bus Voltage 905 +/- 10 VDC
5. Heat Sink temperature 50 +/-1 deg

We will check the bus capacitor & choke on next opportunity.
Will it be help full to firmware up-gradation of drive?
Present version 3.003
Available 5.002