PowerFlex755 'Net I/O Timeout'

Kane Vincent

Hello,

I'm having a problem with a PowerFlex755 - every few seconds it faults on a 'Net IO Timeout'.

The hardware configuration is really simple, I've set up a test bed consisting of my PC plugging into an ENBT card on my ControlLogix rack. The rack has a GuardLogix processor with safety partner installed and one other ENBT card which is connected directly to my drive, so 4 cards in total. I am communicating to the drive fine via RSLinx - i can see it an get live statistics off it. Also in Logix5000 I have added it to my I/O tree and I can access it via there too, I've performed a match drive and also correlated the parameters so I'm confident in my connection.

The problem only occurs when the drive is plugged into the rack and the program is in run mode - if i switch it into program the problem stops so I'm under the impression the fault is with my program. Also when I open the drive faceplate in the I/O tree and go on the 'connection' tab, the 'Module Fault' box reads '(Code 16#0203) Connection Timed Out' and continually tries to reconnect.

Are there any pointers to the things I should check and what may possibly be causing the fault? It may be a simple fix, but I've been staring at the problem that long I can't figure it out!

Thanks in advance,

Kane

Managed to get to the bottom of this issue eventually. The drive's embedded Ethernet/IP port requires the Ethernet/IP scanner to use a compatible method of specifying quality of service (QoS). The 1756-ENBT module I was using wasn't of a high enough firmware revision to do this (min 4.005) so I had to FLASH upgrade it. After I did this the problem disappeared. Also ensure if you're using a Stratix switch the ports to enable QoS.

It certainly did. I have been battling this exact issue for 16 hours after adding a couple of drive to a customers line. # call to Tech Connect and on the phone for 3 hours. Searched the web a few times and got here. Thank you for posting. Saved my as