Prevent Tag reset on download

CAAJ

Hello All,

In our facility we are utilizing an Allen Bradley Compactlogix controller. I am having trouble with maintaining tag values for routines I have set within the program which count equipment activity and record runtime for other equipment. When I need to make updates within the overall program and download the changes, all my values are reset to zero and the previous data is erased. Is there any way to prevent the tag values from resetting when downloading?

Any feedback would be useful!

Thank you!

Hi

Brilliant never even knew that tool existedđź‘Ť
I would normally work on line, or if I have to download I would stop the process of machine carry out a online save and upload the values,
Go offline and import my changes and then download

Must try that tool

Donnchadh

Another option, if you modularize your program and take advantage of programs/routines, is to just create a new routine, copy the logic into that, change your jsr to point to the new routine, and delete the original.

If you do that, you can actually append revision numbers to the routine, which is helpful if you use them in many places.