Problem during opening of RS Logix 5

AB2005

My Dear Colleagues,🤾

I have RS Logix 5 software in one of our machine HMI PC originally installed by machine supplier. Whenever I need to open the software, I insert a Floppy Disk calls RS “Logix 5 Master Key” and the program opens. I found that floppy drive took a lot of time to read the disk during opening of program. I opened the floppy disk at another system, copied the data and pasted to another new floppy disk. But when I installed that new disk in HMI PC for opening the program, system did not read the activation from disk and error generated.

Can any body help me out that where I have been mistaking.

The Master Discs use a form of copy protection, so you can't just copy the key data.
Use the original disk, or download the "EVMOVECF.EXE" program from Rockwell, and move the activation from the floppy to a USB memory stick if you need to move it around from computer to computer.

You can use the regular "Move Activation - 32 bit" utility if you just want to move it from the floppy to a specific computer hard drive.