problem with cp342-5 as aProfibus DP master

shoka

i have a confusion about how to use CP342-5 as a Profibus DP master with FC1(DP-send) and FC2(DP-recv),the system HW configuration is below.
my points of confusion are:
1- i can't access the ET200-M ( represents in HW config as IM 153 ) directly through the I and Q address ,but CP342-5 occupies 16 I bytes and 16 Q bytes starting from 288, what is the purpose of them ?
2-the modules of the 2 ET200-M have I , Q addresses from 0 to 31 , what are these addresses?
3-when using DP-SEND, CPLADDR=#16#120 (= 188) which specify which CP to use.
How to assign the parameter "SEND" to send data to the required module (say the module with redrectangular),please
give me example to do that?

note: i know that the CPU 315-2 DP has bulit in DP but i nees to make another network.

thanks in advance

When using a CP module as a PROFIBUS master, the IO data does not go through the image tables. FC1-DP_Send and FC-2 DP_Receive are used instead.

The data will be sourced or stored at the location specified by the ANY pointers in the call to FC1 or FC2. The I and Q addresses shown in the hardware are offsets into the area specfied by the ANY pointers.

If you use the online help for FC, it shows the SEND parameter example as P#db17.dbx 0.0 byte 103 So, in this example, the output data would be sourced starting at DB17.DBB0 and would be 103 bytes long.

Your highlighted Q address QB10 & QB11 using the help example would be DB17.DBB10 and DB11.

Hope this helps

eg:replace p#db17.dbx0.0 byte 103 with p#m0.0 byte 103
which as mike explained above would now start at the 1st value (mb0) and be 103 bytes long

Last edited: