Problem with LogixPro Batch Simulator

KMS09

Hey everybody, I am having trouble with the Advanced Batch Mixing Excersise - Excersise #1 on Logixpro.

One of the requirements is to be able to stop the process at any time, however in my program I can only stop while the tank is filling. I have a feeling this has to do with my first rung. In previous programs I had used the contacts from a start pushbutton, in series with a stop pushbutton to hold a "Run Bit" energized.
Later in my program I would use contacts from the run bit as a condition for all of my outputs. Would this be a better approach to take for this simulation?

Here is my program so far
(I have mislabeled my START and STOP contacts, I1:0/0 is Start, and I1:0/1 is Stop.)
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll12/uradnky/8-1.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll12/uradnky/8-2.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll12/uradnky/8-3.jpg

If anyone could steer me in the right direction with this it would be greatly appreciated.

set yourself a start stop latch as you mentioned and just use it throughout the program.
this worked for me, also i used a shift register to make sure no other step could run apart from the active one.

Also i notice that you have bundled the alarms/ indication into the same Subroutine as the process. It is a good idea to split them up into logical groups like:- batch initialising and recipe handling, batch filling, batch processing, batch emptying, finally alarms and indicators.
Just a tip m8 - makes it easy to faultfind!

LH

Last edited:
One of the requirements is to be able to stop the process at any time, however in my program I can only stop while the tank is filling.
KMS, You cannot stop the process because your Stop button is only a PUMP STOP button, not a SYSTEM or PROCESS STOP button.
Later in my program I would use contacts from the run bit as a condition for all of my outputs. Would this be a better approach to take for this simulation?
It is the best method to use where you need ONE start to get the system running and ONE stop to shut everything down at the same time. Remember, you have a heater, a mixer, and a drain valve to Stop/Start also. Why would you limit yourself to only controlling the pumps? The directions for this exercise require that you be able to stop and restart all items at any time.

This works for me:
Batch_Mix_A1_Rungs1-8-9.JPG

Last edited: