Problems installing S7 software

davefinic

can anybody help I have a licensed version of STEP 7 Micro/WIN 32
V3.02
the problem is this disc will install to my old windows 98 software on an old laptop but does not reconise the os on my windows xp laptop

I think you need a later version to run on XP.

I have V4 (now quite old I think) and I remember a couple of releases before this XP was not supported.

I for one will never use Siemens or any of there software due to the fact that it takes so long to install for no apparent reason, and the fact that if your lucky enough to recieve the latest and greatest, there is no support because there tech support has yet to recieve the software. I once recieved a copy of there HMI software only to find it would not install on any system we had, and tech support couldnt help us because they didnt have a copy of the software or even knew it was released.

Here is a full functioning demo version (time limited) which will get you started until you can get your hands on proper version.

http://www.automation.siemens.com/_...s/microwin.html

Thnks for the link Nick B

I have ver. 3.2 installed and running on XP SP2... No problem.Yesterday 02:31 AM
Ive now tried to load this to 2 different laptops ruuning XP and both came up with the same error.

Thanks for all your help i usually use Mitsubishi but I keep finding alot of these S7 plc's popping up in my customers machines and i wanted to have a play with the software before commiting to buy a new version.
It also seems to me that Siemens like to build in obsolecense or is this just me.