Problems Trying to Restore Runtime FactoryTalk ME 6.10

FYI - I was able to restore using 6.0 but was unable to then take that .apa and restore in 6.1.

Reread the original post, he can restore with v6. I am aware that you can't just open .mer file.

So, open/restore with v6, make the necessary changes, create new runtime and then see if it works with v6.1.

Are you sure that the version 6.1 studio in on a Windows 7 32 bit and NOT a 64 bit machine? Because there will be issues if it's a x64 bit machine. See 456828 - Constraints with using FactoryTalk View ME 6.10 on a 64-bit OS

I got it to work by restoring in 6.0 and going to the tag folder deleting some stuff and then the cache folder. I then created an .apa and then was able to open that in 6.1.
I sent the .apa to the OP and hope he has the same results.

I got it to work by restoring in 6.0 and going to the tag folder deleting some stuff and then the cache folder. I then created an .apa and then was able to open that in 6.1.
I sent the .apa to the OP and hope he has the same results.

Great! Good thing to know!

I was leaving the office early so didn't have time to type what "stuff" was equal to.
I opened another know good project to see what files are in the TAG folder and then deleted the extra files in the OP application.

Hope this helps others in the future.
Bob O

I'm glad you got it working. Just remember since you opened it in version 6.10, you can't export it and edit it in a lower version. Unless you recreate the files with another copy.

In all fairness this was a forum group effort. I wouldn't have thought to look in the TAG file if the KB wasn't mentioned by Phrog30 since I was being too lazy to go search it.o_O
I just happen to have both version going [One on my laptop and one on a VM] at the same time and could test,try to help and learn something.

Have a Good Weekend,
Bob O

Copied from another post.

Ok I have 2 identical systems. panel view plus 1000 and a ml1400. On the panel-views there are 5 run-time applications. The oldest one I can restore, but it is useless as there were many changes to the final one that runs in them. all 4 of the newer files fails on conversion when it gets to the graphics portion and states I get the error message "Unable to restore application" check disk space, application is not already opened, and destination doesn't exist. all 3 are ok. When I try to grab the run-time files from the MER.00 temporary location i can import them into a new project and it states that the import was sucessful, but when I try to open the graphics it states that the files are of a unknown type and cannot be opened. I dont know if this is significant or not, but when I am plugged into the network that the systems are on the mer opens and works perfectly. If I am not connected to the network it states that it cant find the location or something of that nature. Any Ideas?

I had the same problem it was .mer file that was wrote in 32 bit and I was trying to convert it to ver 6.10 on a 64bit laptop. I still haven't had any luck. I even contacted Allen Bradley to ask them. They walked me through the steps and still would not convert

fustrated

So it would run and all, but you cant convert it. Do you have the AB instructions? I would like to try. The thing that gets me frustrated is that I don't know when to throw in the towel. I have been at this for about 2 weeks straight. Living in AB HELL. LOL