problems with a 1762-IF4 input card

rjhartmanjr

I'm having an issue with an Allen Bradley 1762-IF4 input card on a MicroLogix 1400 series B. The input to the card is a Futek CSG110 strain gauge amplifier with a 5000 lb load cell for a source. Current ranges from ~3.4mA at full compression to ~42.5 mA at full tension, rather than the 4-20 mA it should be. I connected an ammeter in series with the source to check the current. I have tried changing out the card, the amplifier and the load cell, and still get the same results.

When using a 4-20 mA signal generator, everything is fine and functions properly.

Any suggestions?