Problems with pi services in FactorytalkView Historian

Norvator

Hi all forum members
I have a virtual machine for testing with windows server 2008 R2, FTHSE.
I have been following a guide but I have problems

The problem is that when I open System Management Tools, an error message appears. (1)
Same thing when I open PISDKUtility(2) and try to connect (3).
In Factorytalk Administration console I can not create "New Historian Connection".

I can not find the services pinetmgr, pimsgss (4) in services.msc.
Any suggestion :unsure:

Thanks

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

In the Program Files/PIPC/BIN folder, there might be a pistart.bat file. If so, what happens if you run it in a command window?

Not having pinetmgr (PI Network Manager) and pimsgss (PI Message Subsystem) would appear to be a significant problem, suggesting the installation did not complete successfully.

Welcome to the Forum!

I dunno about FTHSE on a VM; it is not supported; it might be supported; either way, it's cumbersome enough to install it on a physical machine.

Does your FTHSE VM belong to the same domain as the FactoryTalk Directory machine?

Did you add the FTHSE VM to the Computers folder of the FactoryTalk Administration Console Project tree?

Does the SystemDrive folder contain a file named 'Program'?
If true, Rename, Delete or Move it.

Does the ProgramFiles folder contain a file named 'Common', 'SharePoint', or 'SharePoint Portal'?
If true, Rename, Delete or Move them.

Thanks for answering

Mispeld,
In folder path ProgramFiles >> PIPC
I do not have BIN folder (1)

dmargineau,
Does your FTHSE VM belong to the same domain as the FactoryTalk Directory machine?
Factorytalk SE is installed on the same pc. (2)

Did you add the FTHSE VM to the Computers folder of the FactoryTalk Administration Console Project tree?
Yes, I did (3)

Does the SystemDrive folder contain a file named 'Program'?
I can not find the SystemDrive folder

Does the ProgramFiles folder contain a file named 'Common', 'SharePoint', or 'SharePoint Portal'?
I do not have any of those folders you mention

This seems to be an installation issue or something corrupt.