Processor Name Change - Logix5000

plcdawg

I have a project with one CompactLogix processor and one ControLogix processor. They are on the same local network so produced and consumed tags are used. They each have their own drives/VFDs, PanelViews, and are communicating with a Red Lion PTV.

The original engineer set up both processors with the exact same name. My question is what all would be affected if I change the processor names so that they are not the same?

Not really a big deal but my OCD is kicking in. I'm thinking it will disrupt communications to at least one of those devices??

Thanks.

There is no issues with changing them, but i believe they have to be changed offline, which means taking the processor down for a few seconds to do the change. This is no big deal for some processes but can be HUGE for others.